Where the only sound is the prit prat of a sleepless, rainy night...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Where the only sound is the prit prat of a sleepless, rainy night...

Its been quite some time since I last slept well.
Or shaved.
's been like what, almost a good 4 days since I shaved, hence the totally un-glam and drug-addict(in my mum's words) look.
As for sleeping, its been harder to get to sleep, hence the need for some alcohol to dull the senses and relax the body which worked wonder initially.
Until I got plagued by interrupted sleep.

Waking up in the middle of the night, morning to be exact at 5+ in the morning isn't the best way to stay healthy.
Prit prat prit prat.
Gentle was the sound of the rain.

The sky cried last night,
if one was to believe and imagine it.
Me thought so then.
Me think so now.

The bottle fits perfectly.
Thumb, index, middle grasping the top,
while the ring and pinkie gently cradles it.

Dark brown oliy liquid swirls with every rocking motion,
burning a path down the throat.
Gulp gurgle gulp ah....

Lights seem so beautiful, so far and so near at the same time.
Whirl whirl the aircon goes,
and still
I hear the prit prat of the raindrops.

I need to sleep.
And shave.

But,
I need to answer....

0 comments: