Same same, but Different...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Same same, but Different...

What a way to start the World Cup.
A 6 goal thriller. Hm, not exactly that thrilling since I didn't bet while the rest did....
Anyway...

's been a while since I'm back.
3 days to be exact, nope... 4, considering the time now.
It still feels different.
Everything here's basically the same, the people I see, the flak that I still get from home, Kol-in, Bnet-ing...

Yet so different...

My house is in a mess.
A very big mess, since I have no kitchen to speak of, and the toilet is on the path to non-existence soon.
My darling car is nowhere to be found, so its either at Dad's factory or sold. I have no idea.

And my friggin' bed still feels too big for me...

Yesh.
I still miss Thailand.
I miss the plane ride there, us so full of anticipation and what nots, sprinkled with a dose of good fortune by letting us be in the same friggin' plane as Fiona(big b**bs) Xie.
Yesh, she was in our plane and I'm not ashamed to confess that I made a delibrate trip to the toilet just to ogle at her.

Ik don't bluff, you were also with me on the 'toilet trip'.
I miss our very first mini-bus ride, so entertained we were by my handphone blasting pop songs that reminded us of KTVs and what nots.
Miss the road side stall where we had to order food by pointing to the old short sighted auntie, and costing us SGD$1+ and the end of it.
Missing the train rides that seemed endless, made bearable with smoking breaks in the toilet.
I miss Buddy the dog.
Missing also the late night alcohol session at the private balcony at the beach resort.
Miss the trekkings, just to find the 'better' waterfall.
Miss the coral reefs, the sea cucumbers, the dumb dog that 'fresh meat-ed' a couple of the sea organisms.
Missing the shops with the indie brands selling way~~~ cool T-shirts and what nots.
Miss bargaining with people.
Miss the elephants.
Miss the top of the beautiful waterfall.
Miss having a 'race' with whoever I can find at the Bridge over River Kwai.
Missing the food, especially the Tom Yam soup.
Miss sitting and sleeping in Mr (Pop-Tart) Nai's minibus.
Missing the 'reading/bookworm club' till late in the night.
Miss MBK, Siam Paragon, and catching my very first movie in Thailand.
Miss the swimming pools, the floating thingys, the cute ang-moh kids, the noise we made.
Missing the nights we had to squeeze on one bed, the rolling bodies, the cold nights where we had to fight for the blankets.
Miss the big beds that had space for all of us.

Missing living with you guys.
Thank you guys.

Xb for planning, researching, executing, map-reading, conflict managament(ie: talk in very fierce manner), contact lens solution, intro-ing good food and drinks, breaking out into the 'Crime and Passion' song where there was no need to(bad singing btw...) and generally, just being the Snake that he is.

Lady Boss for being the 'Admin Dpd', Angels and Demons, Tom Yam soup, target #1 to irritate, being Lady Boss.

Beng for being another one of us guys, fellow 'sufferer' under Kev, Tom Clancy, 'same same but different' - that I used for the title for this blog.

Giang for being her usual self, Strepsils, fellow 'Bookworm Club' member, 'fling' - mostly one sided since she was the one who coined the term.

Ik for being "Nature Boy" and introducing us to the various life forms in sea, jungle, beach, anywhere, fellow bed-mate, lighter provider.

Nings, ii and Kev for being the Opto Sluts. Nuff' said.

The bed still feels too big for me....

0 comments: