And the boats float along....

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sorching sun this afternoon.
Just met up with Snake and Kev for lunch a few hours ago.
No matter how many times I see Kev in his office wear, I have to chuckle.
Snake in office wear?
I burst out laughing.

The thought did cross my mind.
What if I joined them?
Wouldn't it be like the uni days, the terrible trio meeting up for lunch, the dreadful duo sneaking out every once in a while to savour a smoke or two....
Thinking of places to go after work, taking the public transport with Mr Snake, just like we did in JC days.
The things that we can do.
The possibilities...

But what then, of the dream?
The passion?

If I ever join them,
I'll be there for the money.
Full stop.

Took a short break on the way back to the van.
Sat down, smoking, sipping coffee, and staring at the Singapore river.
I think I still very much to be free.
Free from these red tapes, from these regimental hours, from a desk, a PC and tons of paperwork.
Free to do silly things like sitting in the middle of nowhere watching the world goes by.

The coffee tasted good(free coffee is the best coffee yah? Thanks Kev)
The cigarette burnt, dying, dead.
My time was up,
I got up to leave.

And the boats float along...

0 comments: