The Sky's the Limit...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Had a most interesting talk with Berd da Anaconda this evening.
The verdict was brutal. But honest.
My weaknesses, my flaws.
Exposed. Laid bare. Straight up.
This time, I had to plead guilty for all charges.

The questions flooded the emptiness in my car on the way back.
"Am I that lousy a player?"
"Do the rest of them expect a lower standard from me?"
"I'm in the team because I'm committed to come down for the matches, not because I can do something for the team?"
"Do I have any more room for improvements?"

I find myself unable to answer myself.
I thought that passion was enough.
I thought that hunger was enough.
I thought that effort was enough.
I thought that this pass was enough, that tackle was enough, the clearance, though fall short of the target, was enough.
I thought....

You think I thought who confirm?

"I'll learn."
I told Berd.
But I'll go one up.
Like I told you, I won't take this lying down.
I promise.
Not to anyone else but myself.
I will become a better player.

Like what the lot stated, if I want to do it, the Sky's the Limit.

Let's do it.

PS: Thanks Berd, for being so brutally honest. I did think alot about what you said on the way back...

0 comments: