3 goals, 2 assists and 1 sore back...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's getting harder to play soccer nowadays.
Not because there isn't a chance too,
but because my body isn't the way it used to be.
Sigh.
3 goals, 2 assists.
And for all of these?
A friggin' sore back, a bad knee, and an ankle that clicks sporadically.
I almost laughed at myself last night(if not for the pain),
when I was slapping Salonpas plaster to my back.
Oh how times have changed.
8, 9 years ago, we could've played soccer for hours, and the only complaint we have would probably be the sunset being too early.
We were full of boundless energy, we were hyper, we were invincible, I felt invincible.
Now, a 3 hour game can kill us, or if the weather conditions were fine, probably just drain every last drop of energy in us.

I look at some of us, bad knees, busted ankles, problematic backs.
The knee guards, the ankle guards, the this and the that.
And wonder, how long can we keep this up?
How long before the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak?

I just pray that it will not be anytime soon.

0 comments: