Words...

Friday, August 01, 2008

"You think that I don't even mean a single word I say...
It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away"

-- "Words" by Boyzone

Rather ironic was randomly played on the way back.
And rather funny how I think of Mr Snake aka Yz with his famous: "Words are cheap lah, in fact, they so cheap its free!"
Sometimes, I just have to agree with him. Sometimes.
Surprisingly, tonight was one of those times.

I've tried walk the talk.
I thought I finally beat the offside trap this time.
I did.
But I stumbled.
And the past caught up with me.
I fended it off, I pushed the ball away.
Only to find the future standing stoic between the goal posts, daring me with a sardonic smile.
I looked it straight in the eye.
I pulled my leg back.
I struck the ball as best as I could.

Now I can only pray.
Pray that I struck it with enough strength, conviction and resolve.

Because if I didn't I will try.
Again.
And again.

And I think somehow, my iPod can sense my mood.
Creepy...

0 comments: