10 Things I learnt after watching "Brokeback Mountain"

Friday, March 17, 2006

10 Things I learnt after watching "Brokeback Mountain"

Finally caught the show last thurs, but since the lappy is still in the hands of god-knows-who, I have to bid my time for a session at the bro's PC to hammer out this post.

Sigh...

Anyway, wasn't intending to catch the show initially since those who watched it told me to be wary of the gay overtures that might erm.. freak me out?

But still, since it was a show that I was supposed to catch with the missus and the timing seemed right, I thought to myself, why not?

Plus must watch the damn show to see why can win awards.

Enough talk, let's move on the the lessons proper...

10 Things I learnt after watching "Brokeback Mountain"

1. Some films do mean what the title imply. Like "Brokeback Mountain" (BM). The film is named thus, they will show you freaking shots of the damn mountain so fierce looking you know you'll break your back should you fall. Films like "Fullmetal Jacket" got show you a jacket made of metal or not? No right?!?!?

2. If you get sick of something, like beans for example, the next grocery trip will result in having ALL the food being displaced. All except BEANS.

3. If you wanna change shift with somebody, all you need to do is HINT. If the person don't gettit, then no point lah, he won't change shift with you anyway.

4. 2 lonely guys getting drunk is NOT good. Especially if both are stuck at the top of the mountain with howling winds and the only shelter is a tent no bigger than the toilet in my house. Can't exactly blame them if they go at it like rabbits to 'keep warm'.

5. If you are having a somewhat deviant relationship with a member of the same sex. Please do not indulge in PDA(Public Display of Affection). People WILL and can see. Especially not in an age where the punishment for this kind of behaviour is death from the loss of blood. By lasso-ing the erm, stick and 2 bits and pulling them off?

6. With regards to 5. Do not. And I repeat. DO NOT. PDA just outside your house. KNN lah, no scared of the wife must think of the children leh, not scared they get scarred mentally for life meh...

7. If you wanna have an affair and use fishing as an example, at least buy a fish back or something. No. At least OPEN up the damn box and see if there's anything inside or not, if not, then can take out the damn price tag also leh...

8. If someone tells you an accident so bizarre and full of cock. It's probably not true.

9. Both Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal doesn't seem to age in the show. Their poor wives do though.

10. I am actually quite disturbed when I see erm certain kind of kissing scenes.

Well, that's all folks.
Will be back when I get either my lappy back,
or when my bros get their arses back to camp.

0 comments: