Scandals, TV moments, Proposals and Supper. On a V-day...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I realized my Vday every year remains the same, yet different in some ways.
Same = no gal to go out with + swinging single still very much available*
Different = things that I do vary from year to year.

One year was with the newly formed Lonely Heart's Club with the only surviving members being me and Seng. Berd joined the club later.
Ed, Goose and Ws terminated their subscription.

Another year was with Jamesy boy wandering through the streets of Orchard Road, occasionally laughing at the commericalisation of Vday and the masses that became willing consumers.
Topped the night with throwing coins at cars from the top of the Lido carpark before concluding my day staring at Jamesy's pee in a Snapple bottle.

This year's activities consisted of me waking up to a mutha-son size of a headache, getting weird phone calls in the morning when attempting to fall back into a comatose state, hitching a ride from mum to visit my grandma and collect the van, clearing up of stuff, moving stuff from the North of Stinkapore to the Southwest, twice, and suppering with 2 other lonely souls.

Many thanks to Kev and Cubsy for the invitiation, too bad Nings can't join us, and sorry to Giang for not being able to go for your supper thingy.

From west to east we went,
from night to late night we sat.
Scandals.Gossips.
Memories.
TV moments.
(future)Marriage proposals.
Supper was the catalyst,
the drinks soothed our throats and paved the way,
and the smoke created the atmosphere(or maybe not).
It's times like this that I realise how unimportant the 14th of Feb was to me, is to me, and will always be for me.
It should be a day with friends,
leave the romance for another day.A day where you can call your own,
not one tainted with the stench of commercialization and what-nots.
I may fall prey to it someday, but in the meantime,
let me have more Vdays that are special, so that I will truly learn the meaning of friendship on a day like this...

*available only when I'm not working and the gal's a babe.

0 comments: