Driving past past...

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Driving past past…

Cruising down the expressway,
Over the bridge,
Cool wind.
Cool.
Cool.
Not cold.
Memories, they make me shiver,
Memories that involved you, and me.
Cruising.
Cruising past the place where I told you that I loved this part of Singapore, my favouritest view in the whole of the island.
Still is.
They build everything so fast now.
So, so fast.
The ferris wheel.
It’s almost up.
Looking to the left made me realize that you aren't there.
You left.
Empty space in the car.
The saddest thing is that the window seems so huge, so alien, without you.
More space to see the view.
The view that’s changing, like you, like me.

The song playing in a loop in the car that’s moving in a singular direction.
Straight.
You can drive past past,
But you can never outrun them.
Once you stop, they catch you.
Once you get back to the same place, they’re already there, waiting for you.
Either way, you’re f**ked.
Just keep moving on.
But how long can you move on,
How far?
How fast?

Cars, all blurry as I sped on by.
The view outside became a kaleidoscope of colours,
I see only a myriad of sights, too fast to digest, too slow to discard.
Sounds.
The sounds culminating in a symphony of rushing wind and purring engines,
But I think I can still hear your voice, your laughter.
Or was it mine?

Song still playing in a loop.

Search, spin, click.
Next song please.

Objects in the rear view mirror.
Were they there before, like they are, now?
I didn’t bother then.
I didn’t bother now.
I’m just sneaking glances to check if the past is catching up on me.
Cos it always do.
Every f**king single time.

Turn up the volume, pick up the pieces, and move on…
Favorite

0 comments: