The pursuit... of what I wonder?

Thursday, March 08, 2007



The pursuit of Happyness? Or happiness?

It's the same ain't it, no matter how you spell it.


Managed to catch a show today, but too bad it wasn't the show that me and Kev wanted, so we had to settle for an alternative.

No surprise what show we caught.


The show wasn't too bad, at some points I was downright inspired.

I kid you not.


"And it was at that time that I thought about Thomas Jefferson writing that Declaration of Independence. Him saying that we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I thought about how he knew to put the 'pursuit' in there, like no one can actually have happiness. We can only pursue it."


How true.

I've pursued what I thought would be my happiness for years but I never actually caught it, but when I had a chance at happiness in my hands, I let it slipped away, like I was too afraid to hold it, to believe that I had happiness, the capacity to be happy, and so I let go and ran away.

Or something like that...
On a lighter note, on the way back from Jase's hall I almost got into something like this:


Why?

Cos I was speeding with a white Beemer who thought he/she/it owned the road.

Speed that I hit when I passed a police van?

Somewhere in the region of 190+ km/h.

I didn't look back, I carried on speeding all the way to the exit of the expressway, and the max speed that I hit in my darling Mini?

198 km/h.

Shiok...

0 comments: