Kissing a Fool...

Friday, August 31, 2007

It's evening.

"You are far
When I could have been your star"

Still in the office,
swivelling on the chair.

"People
Will always make a lover feel a fool"

It's dark outside,
seems like I was here just a moment ago.
It's dark already.

"Fooled me with the tears in your eyes
Covered me with kisses and lies
So far
But please don't take my heart"

There're places to go, things to do.
But I can't help thinking.
Thinking about work, about the lack of work.
Love, and the lack of love.

"Strange that I was wrong enough
To think you'd love me too"

Strange that I'm willing to stay here even though there's no more reason to.
Maybe this is my sanctuary.
When it's quiet.
When there's only me, the aircon, the iPod, the Powerbook, the speakers and the table.
Oh, and the balcony with the cigarettes.

"You must have been kissing a fool"

And the song plays on, and on...

0 comments: