Work work work...

Monday, August 13, 2007


"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"
-- Edgar Bergen (1903 - 1978), (Charlie McCarthy)

Somehow I have to agree.
Was bitching in the car with Jase about work.
Or the fact that we now have to work.
Reminiscing about the good ole' uni days can really bring tears to one's eyes.
How often do we get 3 - 4 years of our lives deciding whether the early morning lecture was more important than the Breeko breakfast, or the places to hang out once lessons are over(or skipped in my case), staying over in school to do an essay halfway only to end up having prata and coffee miles away from the laptop and the books.
The list goes on.
I guess at this age and time, its kinda impossible to not work.
But can I have my life back again?
I don't think that this is the aspect of our lives that we are comfortable in.
But we're trying.
Trying to adjust, to adapt, to get used to the fact that the responsibility is on us now to bring the bread back to the family, no matter how small it might be.
I understand, but I can't seem to digest it.
I guess I'll have to bear with it for quite some time.
But in the meantime, I'll try not to work too hard.
Don't wanna take the chance of overworking.
PS: For those who are interested, I am going to be quite the freaking busy from now till the end of this month. If everything happens smoothly, I'll be a happy man. If not, then I'm a dead man.

0 comments: