Taking out the trash, throwing away the memories...

Monday, January 14, 2008

Been taking out a lot of trash lately.
Cleaning up the house, clearing out my stuff.

So many little surprises.
Ticket stubs, a star made of straw, a keychain, a farecard with Neo Prints on it.
A knic here, a knack there.
I threw them all away.
I threw away the stubs that reminded me of some first dates, threw away the straw star that someone once gave me a long time ago while we were studying together, the keychain that was given by someone some time ago, the farecard with our Neo Prints from ages ago, gone.
Memories, some good, some bad.
Gone now.

It took me hours to clear out my stuff.
Not only because I was tempted to take a nap every now and then(I believe there are some sloths that stay awake for a longer period of time than me),
but because I was distracted.
Distracted by the memories associated with these objects.
Some made me smile,
some made me smile, albeit wryly.
Gone now.

It wasn't easy, but surprisingly, it wasn't that hard either.
Packed, tied and dumped.
Thanks for the memories.

0 comments: