Birthday & Bowling...

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Last Friday, my colleagues decided that it was only fitting to get the life and soul of the office(ie: ME) a birthday present in appreciation of the fun and laughter I bring to them.
They didn't explicitly mentioned these thoughts, but given my gut instincts, I shouldn't be far off the mark lah......

So this is what they bought for me:

What could it be?
What could be so cutesy that only a Hello Kitty wrapping paper is able to contain it?
Could it be.... a picture of me?
No, I figured. I have been called cute, but not that kind of cute.........
Then, it must be a..... soft toy?
Cannot be. I got Spence to keep me entertained in office liao...

Dammit.
I couldn't think of any other gifts.
Until... I caught a whiff of a familiar scent...

OMG!!! Is it really what I think it is?!?!?!??


Yes it was.
Durians.
Packed in a plastic container, sealed in a Ziploc bag, double wrapped with Hello Kitty wrapping paper.
Durians.
ZMG!!!

I was shocked, stunned but touched.
I could feel the tears welling up my eyes, almost ready to roll down my cheeks.
I sniffed hard, wondering why I almost cried.
And I realised it was the smell of the durians mixed with a liberal spray of Marks & Spencer over the package.
AH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We managed to smuggle the durians back to office, polluting a few lifts in the process.
But that was inevitable. Life stinks. More so durians.

The eventual consumption of the durians was no less brutal, for in our haste to terminate the durians, we left a hint of the durian scent floating in the office, claiming some victims through collateral damage; the most serious being the victim puking out her lunch. (SORRY Nana!!!)

Two lessons I've learnt from this episode:
1. Never try to punk my colleagues. When I said I wanted to eat durian for my birthday(as a joke!), they really went to get it. I was punk'd!
2. Never, ever, ever attempt to keep durians in the office. Everyone will be able to smell it. Even if you keep it in a drawer, under layers of wrap. The smell WILL escape. Trust me.

On another note, here's what I did on Tuesday afternoon:

Preparing to go bowling!!!

Some of the guys. From the serious to the act-serious to the busy and the not-shy-but-try-to-act-shy-one. Go figure which is which and who is who.

Me and Da Jie.
Dunch be deceived by her sweet and innocent looks, she's the only other lady I know who can shut me up with a stare.
(for those who wants to know, the other one is Pei Pei aka Lady Boss)

Team Sure Strike One!
From left: Sebastian aka Godfather, Me, Elvin aka Esther.
Missing in the picture: Cecilia aka Da Jie. (you can find her in the previous photo!)

Sorry for not having more pictures for this bowling day event.
Reasons being:
1. I was too busy
2. I couldn't be bothered to take pictures when the games started.
& most importantly
3. The camera ran out of battery >.<

And there you have it!
Birthday and bowling.
Now.... if only I could get my hands on more pictures for the bowling day.....

0 comments: