Sins of the memories...

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Memories.
They weigh me down in the present.
Chained by the sins of the past, I attempt to hobble into the future.
The funny thing is, they're not mine.
These sins, these blocks, I can say that I understand.
But I can't say that I resent them.

I tried taking a step back, to look at it on a macro level,
to feel, to see, to truly understand the whys.
I only succeeded in doubting myself.

Besieged by a flood of negativity raging in my heart and my head now, I look towards a reprieve.
Soldiering on, I await the cool breeze that comes with every little thing you do.

Things can't change overnight, we both know that.
But the noise of dissent will be stifled.
The next sound you hear will be the soft pingings of the blocks being chipped away.

Happy Birthday boo.

0 comments: