Smoke, Glasses, Beer and Goodbyes...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Went down to the Home Club last night to catch the final performance of the Local Bar Boys.
Not exactly 'final' final, but at least they'll be disbanded for around a year, with one of their band mate flying off to Japan for some JEP thingy, or, in Joe's words, to hook up with 7 Japanese babes. Don't ask me why 7.


Yap(the guy who's leaving for Japan) shows us how to grab a mike with emotions.

Yap and Joe(the guy in the black tshirt in the background. There, that one lor!) shouting for more beer.

That's about the pictures I took of the performance last night cos:

1. I was late, so by the time I settled down, wormed my way to the front, crawled back to get beers, slithered forward again, settled down once again, had a beer and a smoke, there wasn't much time left to take pictures.

2. Left hand holding beer mug, right hand holding ciggy. So how to take pictures?

3. Phone memory no space.

Still, the crowd managed to enjoy themselves, I managed to enjoy myself and it seems like the band enjoyed themselves too.
Though I must admit, its gonna be weird not seeing Yap around, not that I see him ever so often, but it's never easy seeing someone you know go overseas for a period of time.

Goodbye Yap,
you whom I met through Ed,
a fellow FDS-er at Tengah Air Base,
a Tsingtao man who believes also in the maxim of the Best beer in the world being Free beer,
a solid PM and sometimes co-lorry driver,
a fellow smoker and sometimes fortune teller,
a friend.

Goodbye.
Will be seeing you next year...

PS: Remember to practise your PC muscle, use protection, and b*ne one for me!!!

0 comments: