Trilogy Part 1: 2006 Mox Overture

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Trilogy Part 1: 2006 Mox Overture

Realised once again that I keep procrastinating, and if not for the fact that I can't sleep now, these posts will probably not see the light of day for a good... I dunno, few more days if I'm feeling hardworking?

Anyway, let the blog verbatim start...

Went to Mox last thursday as some of you have already heard.
Reasons for deciding to club at Mox?

1. Free entry - since it was the Arts Club Bash and we being old birds, thought that we could, you know... use a bit of 'string-pulling' - plus the fact that the place no cover charge.

2. Damn long never go clubbing, since got reason, why not?

3. Arranged with nings, jonny and cubsy to go and let our hair down.

4. Told some of those doing the camp that it might be the only time they get to see me(I didn't really think that we would go Sentosa in the first place...)

5. No world cup matches that night, so abit the boring.

6. Got chicks.

Although I can't deny that 6 held the most appeal, it struck me only some time later that the so called 'chicks' that lim bei was hoping to catch were nothing more than young, naive teenagers. Nuff' said.

We went, we saw and we realised that we were getting old. Especially when we see those kids, we felt damn old.
Glad to see some of them old birds: Rudy, Pris, Frances, Issac, Ken, Trina, Pat, Pinkies, Steben, Arvin.
Glad to see some of them not so old birds: too many to name.
Very glad can finally find some time to club with nings, jono and cubsy.

But things changed don't they?
The tunes they blast may be the same, but the rhythm has changed.
We don't dance with the same 'high' that we did 2 years ago at the same place.
Our 'dancefloor' then disappeared, only to be replace by the very much inanimate tables and chairs.
The people that we knew as fresh-faced freshies have grown up and have freshies of their own now.
The group that danced together was no more. Some of us were there, some not.

The music will go on.
New songs that will get us up and groovy are still being churned out by the djs.
The magic that was once there can never be found again.

I thought I could find a morsel of it.
A tiny spark, a flash, anything. Anything that will remind me that one of my best clubbing experience was at Mox, that we can go around and say hi to anyone and everyone.
I missed those times.
We all did.

Songs just never did sound the same the next time you listen to it.

Opto/Sutcliffe came and passed us by.
Maybe I have'nt really moved on...

At least I didn't have to pay for drinks that night.

Please mr DJ, can we play the 2004 Mox Overture again?
Just once more?


0 comments: